We are delighted to announce that MA Selections is now the Sole Importer & Exclusive Brand Agent to Vinarija Aleksandrovic in the United States markets.
For those who have been to the winery, Vinarija Aleksandrovic is the 'jewel-in-the-crown' of the Serbian Wine Industry. Originally the Royal Cellars of the Former Royal Family of Serbia, Aleksandrovic produces exquisite wines, with only hand-harvested grapes, and a focus on minimal-interventionist winemaking practices.
The wine has pronounced intensive aromas of ripe wild fruits and a spicy character. The taste is full and complex with rounded tannin structure followed by aromas of dried plums and vanilla which originate from its ageing in the oak barrels during the years.
It goes superbly with white meat, pork, pasta & spicy game. Ideal with turkey, roasted pork, veal, pasta with meat and tomato, stew and poultry.
Temperature: 16 - 18ºC, after five years of ageing it is compulsory to decant the wine
- Varietal composition: 70% Cabernet Franc, 30% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Region: Sumadija, Oplenac vineyards
- Vineyards: Cabernet Franc 3.2 ha, Cabernet Sauvignon 14,5 ha
- Vineyard altitude: 270m - 320m
- Vineyard position: Southern and southeastern expositions
- Soil composition: Cambisol and vertisol
- Bottle size: 750ml